Whilst not entirely a representation of my work, to all the geeks viewing this website, the following may be of interest.
I've been collecting and using audio equipment for a quite a few years to build a 'project' studio called The Briar. There's a wide range of gear in there from clean and very beautiful (and painfully expensive!) microphones to great sounding old, cheap gear exploring the 'low-end theory'.
Computer, Sound cards and essentials:
- 15" Macbook Pro 2.8 GHz i7, 16 GB RAM.
- Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56 (28 i/o)
- Focusrite ISA One preamp with A/D card
- KRK VXT 6 monitors
- KRK Rokit 5 monitors
- A selection of plugins from multiple manufactures including Camel Audio's Alchemy and Celemony Melodyne.
- AKG Perception 420
- Shure SM58 x2
- Homemade subkick
- SE Reflection filter
- A selection of dynamic instrument microphones
- A selection of weird, old and rather 'lo-fi' microphones.
External & Outboard Gear:
- Yamaha GC2020 Stereo Comp/Limiter
- Soundcraft Spirit 16 Analogue Console w/Lexicon effects unit
- Alesis stereo EQ
Synths, Keys & MIDI:
- Novation Mininova
- Novation Xio
- Novation Launchpad S
- M-Audio Oxygen 49
- Novation Nocturn Controller
- Fender Stratocaster (Heavily modified to feature beautiful sounding handwound pickups amongst other things)
- Epiphone SG
- Handbuilt Telecaster (Again, with lovely handwound pickups installed)
- PRS Custom 24 SE
- Yamaha CPX700 Electro-Acoustic Guitar
- Overwater fretless bass
- A selection of manufacturered and handmade pedals including EHX Pog, Vox Wah, Tubescreamer and Octave Fuzz clones
- 6 Piece Pearl Kit
- Mapex Black Panther snare
- Selection of Paiste/Stagg cymbals
- Roland TD11 V-Drum set w/ MIDI i/o